Wednesday August 29, 1900
US date format: 8/29/1900, UK date format: 29/8/1900
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on August 29, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Buell Kazee and Oscar Nitzchke.
A Storm at Sea, directed by James H. White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 29, 1900?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 29, 1900?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Dan Quinn - San Francisco Sadie