Wednesday 21 August 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 21, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tignous and Kim Sledge in Philadelphia.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear by Elvis Presley.
In UK All Shook Up by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
The Beasts of Marseilles, directed by Hugo Fregonese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Open House.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 August 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1957!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1957 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Tignous : French cartoonist, he worked for the satirical Magazine "Charlie Hebdo" and also for "L'Evènement du Jeudi", "Marianne" and "Fluide Glacial".
- Janice Thomas: Women's Professional Basketball League guard (New York Stars).
- Kim Sledge in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; vocalist (Sister Sledge - "We are Family").
- Budgie : English drummer, whose style and approach have been described as "tom-tom-intensive," "very economical and offbeat" and "very sensitive.
- Bernard Zénier: French football (soccer) player, a striker who played at senior level (1974-1991) and on the French national team (1977-1987).
- Frank Pastore: American baseball player and radio host (d. 2012).
- 1st launching in Baikonur, Kazachstan (R7 Semiorka-rocket)
- U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower announces a 2-year suspension of nuclear testing.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- I'm Gonna Sit Right Down & Write Myself A Letter - Billy Williams
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Larry Williams - Short Fat Fannie
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
- Don Rondo - White Silver Sands
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?