Friday 21 June 1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nino D'Angelo and Berke Breathed.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Love Letters In The Sand by Pat Boone.
In UK Yes Tonight Josephine by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
Sweet Smell of Success, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Fbi Story by Don Whitehead was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The George Sanders Mystery Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1957!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 21 June 1957 ?
- Berke Breathed: Cartoonist (Vegetarian, Bloom County, Outland).
- Nino D'Angelo: Italian pop/folk singer and actor.
- Berkeley Breathed: American author and illustrator.
- Mark Brzezicki: English drummer (Big Country The Cult Ultravox and Procol Harum).
- Lucien DeBlois: Canadian professional ice hockey player.
- Ellen Louks Fairclough is sworn in as Canada's first woman Cabinet Minister.
- John Diefenbaker becomes Canada's 13th prime minister.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- The Coasters - Young Blood
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Ricky Nelson - A Teenager's Romance
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?