Wednesday 22 August 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 22, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Lee Hooker and Leonid Hurwicz.
Thirst, directed by Greg Kiefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 August 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1917 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- John Lee Hooker: Clarksdale, Mississippi -- Blues guitarist (Canned Heat).
- Leonid Hurwicz: Economist.
- John Hooker: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2001).
- Pittsburgh Pirates play fourth straight extra inning game, Carson Bigbee sets record of 11 at-bats, they lose in 22 innings to Brooklyn Dodgers.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- All the World Will be Jealous of Me - Henry Burr
- Till the Clouds roll By - Prince's Orchestra
- Havanola Fox-Trot - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra