Saturday 25 August 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 25, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mel Ferrer and Don Defore.
Thirst, directed by Greg Kiefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 August 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1917 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Mel Ferrer: Elberon, New Jersey -- Actor (Longest Day, Eaten Alive, 5th Floor).
- Don Defore: Cedar Rapids, Iowa -- Actor (George-Hazel, Ozzie & Harriet).
- Lisbeth Movin: Danish actress and director (d. 2011).
- Lou van Burg: Dutch-German singer and game show host (d. 1986).
- 37th US Mens Tennis: R Lindley Murray beats N W Niles (57 86 63 63)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- All the World Will be Jealous of Me - Henry Burr
- Till the Clouds roll By - Prince's Orchestra
- Havanola Fox-Trot - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra