Saturday 4 August 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Violette Naville-Morin and Karl Wlaschek.
Thirst, directed by Greg Kiefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 August 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1917 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Violette Naville-Morin
- Karl Wlaschek: Austrian magnate, the founder of the Austrian supermarket chain BILLA.
- Jaen Payen: France Military man.
- John Fitch: American race car driver and engineer (d. 2012).
- Pravda calls for killing all capitalists, priests and officers
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Your Eyes, Your Lips, Your Heart - Henry Burr
- Hong Kong - Peerless Quartet