Saturday 4 August 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Karl Wlaschek and Jaen Payen.
The Little American, directed by Mary Pickford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Road to Understanding by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 4 August 1917 ?
- Ancient Egypt - Jubilation of the Heart of Re
- El Salvador - Transfiguration Bank Holiday
- Cook Islands - Constitution Day (celebrations begin on the last Friday in July and last up to 2 weeks.)
- Burkina Faso - Anniversary of the Revolution
- St. Luanus/Lugid
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Saint John Vianney, the patron saint of priests
- St. Dominic
- Karl Wlaschek: Austrian magnate, the founder of the Austrian supermarket chain BILLA.
- Jaen Payen: France Military man.
- John Fitch: American race car driver and engineer (d. 2012).
- Pravda calls for killing all capitalists, priests and officers
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hong Kong - Peerless Quartet
- Your Eyes, Your Lips, Your Heart - Henry Burr
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?