Saturday 18 August 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Caspar Weinberger and Casper Weinberger.
The Manxman, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1917 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Caspar Weinberger: American political aide who was key to President Nixon's program to trim federal spending.
- Casper Weinberger: US Secretary of Defense (1981-87).
- Andre Hurtel: Deauville EXecutives.
- Dutch Naval Air Force forms (MLD)
- A Great Fire in Thessaloniki, Greece destroys 32% of the city leaving 70,000 individuals homeless.
- The Great Thessaloniki Fire of 1917 in Greece destroys 32% of the city, leaving 70,000 individuals homeless.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- What Kind of American Are You? - Arthur Fields
- For Me and My Gal - Billy Murray
- For You a Rose - Elsie Baker
- The Man Behind the Hammer and the Plow - Andrea Sarto
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?