Saturday 18 August 1917
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Casper Weinberger and Caspar Weinberger.
The Manxman, directed by George Loane Tucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1917 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Casper Weinberger: US Secretary of Defense (1981-87).
- Caspar Weinberger: American political aide who was key to President Nixon's program to trim federal spending.
- Andre Hurtel: Deauville EXecutives.
- Dutch Naval Air Force forms (MLD)
- A Great Fire in Thessaloniki, Greece destroys 32% of the city leaving 70,000 individuals homeless.
- The Great Thessaloniki Fire of 1917 in Greece destroys 32% of the city, leaving 70,000 individuals homeless.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 August 1917
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- For You a Rose - Elsie Baker
- The Man Behind the Hammer and the Plow - Andrea Sarto
- For Me and My Gal - Billy Murray
- What Kind of American Are You? - Arthur Fields
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?