Wednesday 29 August 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on August 29, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edith Wangemann and Isabel Sanford.
Thirst, directed by Greg Kiefer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 August 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1917 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Edith Wangemann: German astrologer, teacher and lecturer who founded "Astro-Magazine" and "Sein Und Werden" magazine with her husband, astrologer Helmuth Wangemann.
- Isabel Sanford: NYC, New York -- Actress (Louise-Jeffersons / All in the Family).
- Luce Lucas: Platteville EXecutives.
- Jack Kirby: Cartoonist.
- Raymond Nedey: Sancey-le-Grand physician.
- WWI: The Military Service Act is passed in the Canadian House of Commons, giving the Government of Canada the right to conscript men into the army.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- When the Sun Goes Down in Dixie (And the Moon Begins to Rise) - George Wilson & Lewis James
- There's a Long, Long Trail A-Winding - John McCormack