Monday 20 August 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Loretta King and Robert Girardon.
Straight Shooting, directed by Jack Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1917 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Loretta King: American actress, best known for the brevity of her career and her relationship with director Ed Wood.
- Robert Girardon: Ved?ne Military man.
- JFW Adolf Ritter von Baeyer: German chemist (Nobel 1905).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- What Kind of American Are You? - Arthur Fields
- For Me and My Gal - Billy Murray
- For You a Rose - Elsie Baker
- The Man Behind the Hammer and the Plow - Andrea Sarto
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?