Friday 17 August 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include P Roger Peyrefitte and Safa Khulusi.
Wild and Woolly, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1917
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1917!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1917 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- P Roger Peyrefitte: French writer (Singular Love).
- Safa Khulusi: Writer.
- Eugene Reeb: France Military man.
- Gianni Agus: Italy Actor.
- Italy declares war on Germany and Turkey
- One of English literature's important meetings takes place when Wilfred Owen introduces himself to Siegfried Sassoon at the Craiglockhart War Hospital in Edinburgh.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- What Kind of American Are You? - Arthur Fields
- For You a Rose - Elsie Baker
- The Man Behind the Hammer and the Plow - Andrea Sarto
- For Me and My Gal - Billy Murray