Wednesday 22 August 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chandra Prakash Mainali and Mary Allen.
People Will Talk, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Kit Carson.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 1951!
Which were the important events of 22 August 1951 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Chandra Prakash Mainali: Nepalese politician.
- Mary Allen: English journalist.
- Chandra Mainali: Nepalese politician.
- J P Bickell: Canadian businessman and sports team owner (Born 1884).
- Harlem Globetrotters play in Olympic Stadium, Berlin, Germany, before audience of 75,052.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 August 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Guy Mitchell - Belle, Belle, My Liberty Belle
- Les Paul - Whispering
- Les Paul & Mary Ford - The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise
- While You Danced, Danced, Danced (I Walked In With A Smile) - Georgia Gibbs
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?