Wednesday 22 August 1951
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chandra Prakash Mainali and Mary Allen.
People Will Talk, directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Washington Confidential by Jack Lait and Lee Mortimer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Kit Carson.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 August 1951 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
- Chandra Prakash Mainali: Nepalese politician.
- Mary Allen: English journalist.
- Chandra Mainali: Nepalese politician.
- J P Bickell: Canadian businessman and sports team owner (Born 1884).
- Harlem Globetrotters play in Olympic Stadium, Berlin, Germany, before audience of 75,052.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1951 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Guy Mitchell - Belle, Belle, My Liberty Belle
- Les Paul - Whispering
- Les Paul & Mary Ford - The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise
- While You Danced, Danced, Danced (I Walked In With A Smile) - Georgia Gibbs
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?