Thursday 15 March 1945
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tracy Smith and Mark J Green in Brooklyn.
The House of Fear, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching The World in Your Home.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 15 March 1945
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1945 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Mark J Green in Brooklyn: New York, USA; lawyer/author (Closed Enterprise System).
- Tracy Smith: Runner.
- A K Faezul Huq: Bengali lawyer and politician (d. 2007).
- Rick Volk: American college/pro football player, defensive back.
- Richard Volk: Toledo sports Champions.
- Walter Adams
- Robert Carnwath: Lord Carnwath of Notting Hill English lawyer and judge.
- A Huq: Bangladeshi lawyer and politician (d. 2007).
- Mark Green: American lawyer and politician.
- Herman B Wiardi Beckman: Dutch Member of Parliament (SDAP), dies at age 41.
- 17th Academy Awards - Going my Way, Bing Cosby and Ingrid Bergman win
- Dodgers open spring training at Bear Mountain, New York
- Bert Shepard (one legged WWII veteran) tries out as a pitcher for Washington Senators.
- Catholic University of Nijmegen reopens.
- Billboard publishes its first album chart (King Cole Trio is #1).
- World War II: Soviet forces begin an offensive to push Germans from Upper Silesia.
- The 17th Academy Awards ceremony is held, broadcast via radio for the first time. Best Picture goes to ''Going My Way''.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Phil Moore Four - My Dreams Are Getting Better All The Time
- Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra - There! I've Said it Again
- My Dreams Are Getting Better All The Time - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)