Tuesday 22 July 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 22, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Don Henley and Albert Brooks.
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, directed by Norman Z. McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 July 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1947 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Don Henley: American musician, a drummer with "The Eagles," and formerly with "Shiloh.
- Albert Brooks: American actor, the son of comedian Harry Einstein.
- Terry Clements: American musician who has played lead guitar with Gordon Lightfoot since the early '70s.
- Curt Weldon: (Rep-R-Pennsylvania).
- Albert Brooks in Los Angeles: California, USA; comedian (Broadcast News, Lost in America).
- Gilles Duceppe: Canadian politician.