Tuesday 22 July 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Curt Weldon and Albert Brooks in Los Angeles.
Possessed, directed by Curtis Bernhardt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
while The Miracle of the Bells by Russell Janne was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Seaside Concert Parties.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1947 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Curt Weldon: (Rep-R-Pennsylvania).
- Albert Brooks in Los Angeles: California, USA; comedian (Broadcast News, Lost in America).
- Terry Clements: American musician who has played lead guitar with Gordon Lightfoot since the early '70s.
- Albert Brooks: American actor, the son of comedian Harry Einstein.
- Don Henley: American musician, a drummer with "The Eagles," and formerly with "Shiloh.
- Gilles Duceppe: Canadian politician
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?