Thursday 22 March 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Orrin G Hatch American politician (Senator-Republican-Utah and Leslie Turnberg.
Crown of Thorns, directed by Robert Wiene, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1934 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Orrin G Hatch American politician (Senator-Republican-Utah: 1977-).
- Leslie Turnberg: President (Royal College of Physicians).
- Sheila Cameron Queen's Council: Vicar-General (Province of Canterbury).
- Orrin Hatch: American politician who was elected a Senator from Utah in 1976.
- May Britt: Movie Actress.
- Theophilos Hatzimihail: Greek painter (Born 1870).
- 1st Masters golf championship began in Augusta, Georgia
- Fire destroys Hakodate, Japan (kills 1,500, injures 1,000).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 22 March 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?