Friday 22 May 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 22, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ted Kaczynski and Francis Lorentz.
Mrs. Miniver, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 May 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1942!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1942 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Ted Kaczynski: American terrorist, called the Unabomber.
- Francis Lorentz
- Barbara Parkins: Vancouver, British Columbia -- Actress (Betty-Peyton Place, Asylum).
- Roger Brown
- Richard Oakes (activist)
- David Hunt: Politician.
- Georges Lepré: French sommelier, who was Head Sommelier and Maître d'Hôtel of the Grand Véfour (1966-1983), Director of the Crown Room (Pasadena, USA) (1983), Head Sommelier at the Ritz Hotel (1983-1993), Director of professional Studies at the Academy of Wine in Paris (1985-1993) and wine Manager at the Ritz International (1989-1993).
- Malika A Sabirova: Russian dancer.
- Pallo Jordan: South African African National Congress member/heads (Radio Freedom).
- Calvin Simon: American rock vocalist (Funkadelic - "One Nation Under a Groove").
- Ted Kaczynski American terrorist: known as the Unabomber.
- Mexico declares war on Nazi-Germany and Japan
- World War II: Ted Williams of the Boston Red Sox enlists in the United States Marine Corps as a flight instructor.
- The Steel Workers Organizing Committee disbands, and a new trade union, the United Steelworkers, is formed.