Friday 23 March 1990
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eugenie Princess of York and Princess Eugenie.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Black Velvet by Alannah Myles.
In UK Dub Be Good To Me by Beats International featuring Lindy Layton was in the top 5 hits.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, directed by Steve Barron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Avonlea.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Crystal or A Boy and His Blob: Trouble on Blobolonia.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1990!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1990 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Eugenie Princess of York: Daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson.
- Princess Eugenie: of York.
- Eugenie : British royalty, second daughter of the Duke and Duchess of York, sixth in line to the British throne.
- Gordon Hayward: Basketball Player.
- Jaime Alguersuari: Spanish race car driver.
- Robert Zickert: German footballer
- John Dexter: English stage and film director (Born 1925).
- Former Exxon Valdez Captain Joseph Hazelwood ordered to help clean up Prince William Sound and pay $50,000 in restitution for 1989 oil spill.
- Buena Vista releases the Touchstone Pictures live-action feature film Pretty Woman to theaters.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 March 1990
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Alannah Myles - Black Velvet
- Taylor Dayne - Love Will Lead You Back
- Janet Jackson - Escapade
- The B-52's - Roam
- Phil Collins - I Wish It Would Rain Down
- Tommy Page - I'll Be Your Everything
- Lisa Stansfield - All Around The World
- Billy Joel - I Go To Extremes
- Madonna - Keep It Together
- Technotronic - Get Up! (Before The Night Is Over)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?