Sunday 23 December 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Georges Aperghis and Richard C Wohlhuter.
Scarlet Street, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1945!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1945 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Georges Aperghis: Composer.
- Richard C Wohlhuter: 800m runner (1976 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Ron Bushy: American drummer (Iron Butterfly).
- Alberto Castagna: Italian journalist and entertainer who created the popular TV show "Stranamore" that ran for 11 years.
- Adly Mansour: Egyptian Judge who is currently (July 2013) the head of the Supreme Constitutional Court and the de facto interim President of Egypt.
- Dante Spanghero: French rugby player. Dante is the second of three brothers who all went into French rugby.
- Geoffrey Wheatcroft: English journalist and author
- Mogens Klitgaard: Danish Author (Brunkul), dies at 39.
- Frederick Astons Cinderella premieres in London
- Pope Pius XII encyclical Orientals omnes, about Rutheense church
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?