Saturday 23 December 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dino Risi and Denise Bastide.
Joan the Woman, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1916 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Dino Risi: Italian film critic, scriptwriter and film director, specializing in Neapolitan-style humor movies.
- Denise Bastide: French politician, she was a member of the French National Assembly.
- World War I: Battle of Magdhaba : Allied forces defeat Turkish forces in Egypt's Sinai peninsula.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Chantique De Noel (Holy Night) - Enrico Caruso
- John McCormack - The Sunshine of Your Smile
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Columbia Mixed Quartet