Saturday 23 December 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dino Risi and Denise Bastide.
Redeeming Love, directed by William Desmond Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Seventeen by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1916 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Dino Risi: Italian film critic, scriptwriter and film director, specializing in Neapolitan-style humor movies.
- Denise Bastide: French politician, she was a member of the French National Assembly.
- World War I: Battle of Magdhaba : Allied forces defeat Turkish forces in Egypt's Sinai peninsula.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Columbia Mixed Quartet
- The Sunshine of Your Smile - John McCormack
- Chantique De Noel (Holy Night) - Enrico Caruso
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?