Saturday 23 December 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Denise Bastide and Dino Risi.
Redeeming Love, directed by William Desmond Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1916 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Denise Bastide: French politician, she was a member of the French National Assembly.
- Dino Risi: Italian film critic, scriptwriter and film director, specializing in Neapolitan-style humor movies.
- World War I: Battle of Magdhaba : Allied forces defeat Turkish forces in Egypt's Sinai peninsula.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 December 1916
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Chantique De Noel (Holy Night) - Enrico Caruso
- The Sunshine of Your Smile - John McCormack
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Columbia Mixed Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?