Thursday 23 December 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Laurent Negro and Robert Bly.
Flesh and the Devil, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Sorrell and Son by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1926 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Laurent Negro: French founder of the first agency in Europe to provide temporary work for the unemployed.
- Robert Bly: American poet, translator, editor and publisher; active in the men’s movement since the 1980s, doing workshops and writing about men’s issues in "Iron John" and other works.
- Dusan Kostic: Composer.
- James Dewar: Journalist / documentary film-maker.
- KEX-AM in Portland OR begins radio transmissions
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Why Do Ya Roll Those Eyes? - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Baby Face - Whispering Jack Smith
- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?