Thursday 23 December 1943US date format: 12/23/1943, UK date format: 23/12/1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Queen Silvia of Sweden and Harry Shearer.
Higher and Higher, directed by Tim Whelan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Noveltoon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1943 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Queen Silvia of Sweden
- Harry Shearer: American actor and director, a satirical writer.
- Mikhail Gromov: Russian-French mathematician and academic.
- Elizabeth Hartman: Actress (Fixer, Patch of Blue), dies at 45.
- Harry Shearer in Los Angeles: California, USA; comedian/actor (Saturday Night Live, The Simpsons, Pure Luck).
- Derek Small: rocker (Spinal Tap).
- Peter Quaife in Devon: England; rock bassist (Kinks - "Long Tall Sally").
- Paul Wolfowitz: Public Servant.
- Silvia : German-Swedish royalty, the daughter of an industrialist father and Spanish nobility mother.
- Ron Allen: American baseball player.
- Silvia Sommerlath in Heidelberg: Germany; Queen of Sweden, wife of King Carl XVI Gustaf (1973-).
- Roelof den Ambtman: Dutch actor / director (One Evening at Eva).
- Ross Edwards: Composer.
- Stephen Wallace: Director (For Love Affair, Hunger, Mail Order Bride).
- Theo[dorus J] Thijssen: Dutch writer (Kees de Jongen), dies at 64.
- 1st telecast of a complete opera (Hansel & Gretel), Schenectady, New York
- Gen Montgomery told he is appointed Commandant for D-day
- First telecast of a complete opera (Hansel and Gretel), Schenectady, New York.