Monday 23 November 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Promutico and Robert Barnard.
Lloyd's of London, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while The Last Puritan by George Santayana was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching London Characters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1936!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 23 November 1936 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Jean Promutico: American artist, painter, not married, no children.
- Robert Barnard: English author critic and educator (d. 2013).
- Steve Landesberg: American actor and screenwriter (d. 2010).
- Mats Traat: Estonian poet and author.
- 1st issue of Life, picture magazine created by Henry R Luce
- Life magazine hit newsstands
- The first edition of Life is published.
- First issue of Life, picture magazine created by Henry R Luce.
- The first edition of ''Life Magazine'' is published.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1936 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- It's De-Lovely - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?