Friday 23 February 1923
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dante Lavelli and Rafael Addiego Bruno.
Der Mann mit der eisernen Maske, directed by Max Glass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 February 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1923!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1923 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Dante Lavelli: American football player inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1975.
- Rafael Addiego Bruno: Uruguayan politician.
- Yiannis Grivas: Greek judge, 87th Prime Minister of Greece.
- Miljenko Smoje: Croatian journalist and screenwriter (d. 1995).
- Gery Florizoone: Flemish poet.
- Ioannis Grivas: Greek judge and politician 176th Prime Minister of Greece.
- Mary Shura: American author (d. 1991).
- Rafael Bruno: Uruguayan jurist and politician President of Uruguay (d. 2014).
- German Republic day with laws against worker.
- Great Britain lowers import duty on German products from 26 percent to 5 percent.
- Albert Einstein visits Barcelona, Spain, at the invitation of scientist Esteban Terradas i Illa.
- March ndash ''Antigone'' by Jean Cocteau appears on a Paris stage (settings by Pablo Picasso, music by Arthur Honegger, and costumes by Gabrielle Chanel). Antonin Artaud plays the part of Tiresias.
- The ''USS Connecticut'' is decommissioned.
- Greece adopts the Gregorian calendar.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You Remind Me of My Mother - Henry Burr
- Way Down Yonder in New Orleans - Blossom Seeley