Wednesday 23 January 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 23, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brigitte Elisabeth Traing and Pierre Lacoste.
The Morning After, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1924 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Brigitte Elisabeth Traing
- Bal Thackeray: founder and president of Indian political party Shiv Sena.
- Pierre Lacoste: French naval officer (admiral) and senior official.
- Brigette Traing: French journalist who was a member of the Nazi Resistance Movement.
- Frank Lautenberg: American soldier and politician (d. 2013).
- Ramsey MacDonald forms first Labour government in Britain.
- The Soviet Union officially declares that Lenin died January 21.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- An Orange Grove in California - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Sleep - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- My Home Town in Kansas - Frank Crumit
- It Ain't Gonna Rain No Mo' - Wendell Hall