Monday February 23, 1942
US date format: 2/23/1942, UK date format: 23/2/1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on February 23, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Beau Boulter American politician (Representative-Republican-Texas and John Lewis.
The Male Animal, directed by Elliott Nugent, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 23, 1942?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- See more
- World War II: Japanese submarines fire artillery shells at the California coastline near Santa Barbara.
- Beau Boulter American politician (Representative-Republican-Texas: 1985-).
- John Lewis: Head Master (Eton College).
- Ernest Pignon-Ernest: French.
- Suha Arın: Turkish film director writer producer...
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial