Saturday June 23, 1973
US date format: 6/23/1973, UK date format: 23/6/1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 23, 1973). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Charlotte Le Grix de La Salle and Jonathan Lambert.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to My Love by Paul McCartney.
In UK Can The Can by Suzi Quatro was in the top 5 hits.
The Friends of Eddie Coyle, directed by Peter Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Best And The Brightest by David Halberstam was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Love Thy Neighbor.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing TREK73 or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 23, 1973?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- See more
- Cyrano closes at Palace Theater NYC after 49 performances
- Sugar closes at Majestic Theater NYC after 506 performances
- Phillies Ken Brett 4th consecutive game HR in which he pitched
- Fay Holden: actress (Mother - Andy Hardy films),...
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 23, 1973?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Elton John - Daniel
- The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- The Spinners - One Of A Kind (Love Affair)
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Daddy Could Swear, I Declare
- The O'Jays - Time To Get Down
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just a Little Bit More Baby
- Fred Wesley & The J.B.'s - Doing It To Death
- Bloodstone - Natural High
- The Dramatics - Hey You! Get Off My Mountain
- The Dells - Give Your Baby A Standing Ovation
- The Stylistics - You'll Never Get To Heaven (If You Break My Heart)
- The Intruders - I'll Always Love My Mama (Part I)
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next June 23If June 23, 1973 is your birthday you're 47 years, 2 months, 28 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 9 months, 3 days.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?