Sunday 3 January 1943US date format: 1/3/1943, UK date format: 3/1/1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 3, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre-Yves Guezou and Van Dyke Parks.
Margin for Error, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1943 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Pierre-Yves Guezou: French police officer.
- Van Dyke Parks
- Richard Ben-Veniste: Lawyer.
- Jarl Alfredius: Swedish news anchor (Born 1943).
- 1st missing persons telecast (NYC)
- First missing persons telecast (New York City, New York).
- Canadian Army troops arrive in North Africa.