Sunday 23 March 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Lyne and William Starnes.
Ingeborg Holm, directed by Victor Sjstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1919!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1919 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Michael Lyne: British air Vice-marshal.
- William Starnes: American military, major general, served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam.
- Carl Graffunder: American architect and educator (d. 2013).
- Jean HL Bossard actor/impresario (2 Orphans): dies at age 45.
- Bashkir ASSR, in RSFSR, constituted.
- In Milan, Italy, Benito Mussolini founds his Fascist political movement.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Till We Meet Again - Nicholas Orlando's Orchestra
- After You've Gone - Billy Murray & Gladys Rice
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?