Tuesday 23 March 1943US date format: 3/23/1943, UK date format: 23/3/1943
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 23, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Marc Nesme and Gail Goodrich NBA star (Los Angeles Lakers.
Slightly Dangerous, directed by Wesley Ruggles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1943 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Jean-Marc Nesme
- Gail Goodrich NBA star (Los Angeles Lakers: Phoenix Suns).
- George P Lee: former general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and convicted sex offender (d. 2010).
- Nils-Aslak Valkeapaa: Finnish writer (d. 2001).
- Andrew Crockett: Scottish-English economist and banker (d. 2012).
- George Benson: Musician.
- Lee May: American baseball player and coach.
- Sharon Presley: American author and academic.
- Nils-Aslak Valkeapää: Finnish singer author and director (d. 2001).
- George Lee: American religious leader (d. 2010).
- Joseph Moiseyevich Schillinger: Composer, dies at 47.
- German counter-attack on US lines in Tunisia.
- The drugs Vicodin and Lortab are first produced in Germany.