Saturday 23 June 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 23, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Goddard and K B Wilson.
The French Way, directed by Jacques de Baroncelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 June 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1945!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1945 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- K B Wilson: Methodist Preacher / Principal (Westminster College Oxford).
- Paul Goddard: Georgia, United States -- Rock bassist (Atlanta Rhythm Section).
- Kjell Albin Abrahamson: Swedish journalist and writer.
- Kjell Abrahamson: Swedish journalist and author.
- John Garang: Sudanese colonel and politician President of Southern Sudan (d. 2005).
- Lieutenant General Ushijima: Japanese commander, commits suicide at Okinawa.
- 77th Belmont: Eddie Arcaro aboard Pavot wins in 2:30.2
- Last organized Japanese defiance broken (Tarakan)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bell Bottom Trousers - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- I Should Care - Frank Sinatra