Saturday 23 September 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 23, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Roy Buchanan and Henry Blofeld.
The Arizona Kid, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1939 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Roy Buchanan: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Snakestretchers) (d. 1988).
- Henry Blofeld: English cricketer and journalist.
- Janusz Gajos: Polish actor.
- Joan Hanham: Baroness Hanham English politician.
- Sonny Vaccaro: American former sports executive.
- Sigmund Freud: Austrian psychiatrist, known as the father of psychoanalysis.
- Cookie Lavagetto goes 6 for 6; Brooklyn Dodgers get 27 hits and beat Philadelphia Phillies 22-4.