Tuesday 2 September 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 2, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Simon Casas and Richard Coughlan.
Les maudits, directed by René Clément, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Walter Compton News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1947!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1947 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Simon Casas: French matador, corridas organizer, breeder of bulls and writer.
- Richard Coughlan: English drummer (Caravan and The Wilde Flowers) (d. 2013).
- Louis Michel: Belgian educator and politician Belgian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Jim Richards: New Zealand race car driver.