Saturday 24 January 1948
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 24, 1948). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Des Barres and Elliott Abrams.
The Judge Steps Out, directed by Boris Ingster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching The Nature of Things.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 January 1948
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 24 January 1948 ?
- Jim Ross Day - State of Oklahoma
- Roman Catholic Church - Feasts of St. Francis de Sales and Our Lady of Peace
- Roman Empire - first day of the Sementivae in honor of Ceres and Terra
- Michael Des Barres: British actor and rock singer.
- Elliott Abrams: assistant US secretary of state/supplied arms to the Contras.
- Michael Barres: English singer-songwriter and actor (The Power Station Silverhead and Detective).
- Maria Mandel: Austrian Auschwitz prison guard (d. 1948).
- Music in My Heart closes at Adelphi Theater NYC after 124 performances
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1948 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'm My Own Grandpa - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- I'm Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover - Art Mooney & His Orchestra
- Manana (Is Soon Enough for Me) - Peggy Lee (Dave Barbour Orchestra)
- Frankie Laine - Shine