Wednesday 21 January 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rosemary Clark and Sally Burton.
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Ted Mack & the Original Amateur Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 21 January 1948
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1948 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Rosemary Clark
- Sally Burton: British newsfigure, the fifth and last wife of actor Richard Burton.
- Patrice Hernu
- Ermanno Wolf-Ferrari: Italian composer, most successful in the field of comic opera.
- West Indies versus England, Test debut Walcott, Weekes and Jim Laker.
- The Flag of Quebec is adopted and flown for the first time over the National Assembly of Quebec. The day is marked annually as Quebec Flag Day.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1948 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'm My Own Grandpa - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- I'm Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover - Art Mooney & His Orchestra
- Manana (Is Soon Enough for Me) - Peggy Lee (Dave Barbour Orchestra)
- Frankie Laine - Shine