Wednesday January 21, 1948
US date format: 1/21/1948, UK date format: 21/1/1948
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 21, 1948). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Clement Attlee (Labour), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Rosemary Clark and Sally Burton.
The Judge Steps Out, directed by Boris Ingster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Little Audrey.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 21, 1948?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- West Indies versus England, Test debut Walcott, Weekes and Jim Laker.
- Ermanno Wolf-Ferrari: Italian composer, most successful in the...
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 21, 1948?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Frankie Laine - Shine
- Peggy Lee (Dave Barbour Orchestra) - Manana (Is Soon Enough for Me)
- Art Mooney & His Orchestra - I'm Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover
- Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians - I'm My Own Grandpa
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial