Sunday 11 January 1948US date format: 1/11/1948, UK date format: 11/1/1948
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 11, 1948). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Madeline Manning and Al Berto.
Anna Karenina, directed by Julien Duvivier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Playroom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 January 1948
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 11 January 1948 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Madeline Manning: American runner and coach.
- Al Berto: Portuguese poet and exile to Begium (in 1967), he released his first work in 1977 entitled (translation) "In Search of the Garden of Wind in August.
- Jean Espilondo
- Philippe Bourguignon: French businessman who is a director of eBay and has served as the co-Chief Executive Officer of the World Economic Forum.
- Wajima Hiroshi: Japanese sumo wrestler (the 54th Yokozuna) and professional wrestler.
- Madeline Manning-Jackson-Mimms: US 800m runner (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Terry Williams: Welsh drummer (Love Sculpture Man Rockpile and Dire Straits).
- Madelene Manning: American athlete and Gold Medal Olympic champion in field and track winning in the women's 880-yard/800m run.
- Joe Harper
- Fritz Bohla: German football player and manager.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Too Fat Polka - Two-Ton Baker
- Buddy Clark - Ballerina