Monday 19 January 1948
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include François Lemarchand and Harvey Hinsley.
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Ted Mack & the Original Amateur Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
What the sky looked like on 19 January 1948
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 19 January 1948. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1948 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Harvey Hinsley: Rocker.
- François Lemarchand: French entrepreneur, founder in 1990 of 'Nature et Découvertes,' a French chain of general merchandise stores.
- Nancy Lynch: American computer scientist and academic.
- Frank McKenna: Canadian politician and diplomat 27th Premier of New Brunswick.
- Mal Reilly: English rugby league player and coach.
- Tony Garnier: French architect and urban planner who, at the turn of the century, designed a city of the future.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1948 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'm My Own Grandpa - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- I'm Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover - Art Mooney & His Orchestra
- Manana (Is Soon Enough for Me) - Peggy Lee (Dave Barbour Orchestra)
- Frankie Laine - Shine