Wednesday 14 January 1948
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carl Weathers in New Orleans and Tim Harris.
I Walk Alone, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ted Mack & the Original Amateur Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1948 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Carl Weathers in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; actor (Apollo Creed - Rocky).
- Tim Harris: rocker (Foundations).
- T-Bone Burnett: American producer and musician.
- Jean-Paul Rostagni: .
- Evelyn Braxton: Reality Star.
- Carl Weathers: Movie Actor
- T Burnett: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer
- Valeri Kharlamov: Soviet ice hockey player (Born 1948)
- John Lescroart: American author and screenwriter
- Anna "Ans" van Dike: Dutch Jewish Nazi-collaborator, executed at age 42.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1948 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Buddy Clark - Ballerina
- Too Fat Polka - Two-Ton Baker
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?