Friday 30 January 1948
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nicholas Broomfield and Linda Agar.
Call Northside 777, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
while The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ted Mack & the Original Amateur Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 1948!
Which were the important events of 30 January 1948 ?
- Nicholas Broomfield: Director / editor (Dark Obsession, Heidi Fleiss).
- Linda Agar: American noted family and daughter of Shirley Temple and her first husband, John Agar.
- David Annand: Award-winning Scottish sculptor.
- John Dufresne: American writer whose acclaimed first novel, "Louisiana Power and Light" and it's 2002 sequel, "Deep in the Shade of Paradise," are set in Louisiana.
- Nick Broomfield: English director and producer.
- Paul Magee: Provisional Irish Republican Army volunteer
- Miles Reid: English mathematician and academic
- 5th Winter Olympic games open in St. Moritz, Switzerland
- Orville Wright, American aviation pioneer, dies at age 76.
- Indian pacifist and leader Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi known for his non-violent freedom struggle is assassinated by Pandit Nathuram Godse, a Hindu extremist.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1948 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Manana (Is Soon Enough for Me) - Peggy Lee (Dave Barbour Orchestra)
- I'm Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover - Art Mooney & His Orchestra
- Frankie Laine - Shine
- I'm My Own Grandpa - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?