Saturday 24 May 1947US date format: 5/24/1947, UK date format: 24/5/1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 24, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Sybil Danning and Mike Reid in Altoona.
Miracle on 34th Street, directed by George Seaton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1947!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1947 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Sybil Danning: American Playboy cover girl and an...
- Mike Reid in Altoona: Pennsylvania, USA; country singer ("Walk...
- Luke Rittner: secretary-general (Arts Council).
- Jean-Marie Le Sidaner: French philosophy teacher and writer who...
- Colin Weir: Colin and his wife Chris, a couple from...
- Mike Reid: Altoona, Pennsylvania -- Country singer...
- richard Krawczyk
- Albert Bouchard: American singer-songwriter guitarist and...
- Mike De Leon: Filipino director producer screenwriter...
- Waddy Wachtel: American guitarist songwriter and...
- Martin Winterkorn: German business manager in the...
- Charles Ferdinand Ramuz: Swiss writer (Born 1878).
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1947 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- The Red Silk Stockings and Green Perfume - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- I Wonder, I Wonder, I Wonder - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
- That's My Desire - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra (Vocal Don Cornell)
- Perry Como - Chi-Baba Chi-Baba (My Bambino Go To Sleep)