Friday May 24, 1957
US date format: 5/24/1957, UK date format: 24/5/1957
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 24, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Walter Moers and Dana Priest.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
A Face in the Crowd, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Day Of Infamy by Walter Lord was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in those months ?
Which were the important events of May 24, 1957?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- See more
- Anti-American riots breakout in Taipei, Taiwan.
- Heavy earthquake strikes Colombia.
- Walter Moers
- Dana Priest: Journalist.
- Craig Brown: Critic.
- John G Rowland American politician (Representative-Republican-Connecticut: 1985-).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957?
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV series released in those months ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?