Friday 24 May 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include D V and Coleman A.
The City Slicker, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1918!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1918 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- D V: Jennings solicitor.
- Coleman A: Young civil rights leader (Mayor-Democrat-Detroit).
- Coleman Young: American politician, who served as mayor of Detroit, Michigan from 1974 to 1994.
- Jack Wrather: American entrepreneur and petroleum businessman who became a television producer and later diversified by investing in broadcast stations and resort properties.
- Cleveland beats New York Yankees 3-2 in 19 inning.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- For the Two of Us - Albert & Monroe Jockers
- Roses of Picardy - Lambert Murphy
- A Little Bit of Sunshine - Shannon Four