Sunday 8 September 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 8, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Heather Thomas and Melissa Whitmire.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Tammy by Debbie Reynolds.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
The Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Day Christ Died by Jim Bishop was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Open House.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 September 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 September 1957!
Which were the important events of 8 September 1957 ?
- Heather Thomas: American actress and author.
- J. Smith-Cameron: Actress.
- Melissa Whitmire: LPGA golfer.
- Heather Thomas in Greenwich: Connecticut, USA; actress (Jody - Fall Guy, Coed Fever).
- Walt Easley: American football player (d. 2013).
- 77th US Mens Tennis: M J Anderson beats Ashley J Cooper (108 75 64)
- Jackie Wilson, releases his 1st solo single Reet Petite
- Pope Pius XII encyclical On motion pictures, radio, TV
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Elvis Presley - (Let Me Be Your) Teddy Bear
- The Everly Brothers - Bye Bye Love
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- The Coasters - Searchin'
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
- The Dell-Vikings - Whispering Bells
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?