Sunday 25 April 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Walter Furst and Gertrude Frohlich-Sandner.
Brown of Harvard, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 April 1926!
Which were the important events of 25 April 1926 ?
- ANZAC Day (Australia, New Zealand).
- Saint Filo.
- Official Red Hat Society day.
- Carnation Revolution commemorated in Portugal (National Holiday).
- Roman Empire - Robigalia in honor of Robigus.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of Haile Selassie's visit to Jamaica.
- Fuck the Earth Day - Declared by Jon Stewart in the April 24th, 2006 episode.
- Swaziland - National Flag Day.
- Faroe Islands - National Flag Day.
- Sinai Liberation Day, (Egypt), Celebrates the withdrawal of Israeli troops from the Sinai peninsula.
- Saint Anianus
- Alice Day - celebration of the relationship between Alice Liddell and Lewis Carroll.
- World Penguin Day
- Easter Sunday - 1886, 1943, 2038. In the Gregorian Calendar 25th April is the latest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (22nd March is the earliest).
- Yom HaShoah, or Holocaust Remembrance Day, falls on April 25 in 2006.
- Festa della Liberazione, (Italy), annual commemoration to mark the liberation of Italy at the end of the Second World War.
- Saint Ermin
- Saint Mark the Evangelist
- Paul Walter Furst: Composer.
- Gertrude Frohlich-Sandner: Austrian politician (d. 2008).
- Corin Tellado: Prolific Spanish writer of romantic novels and photonovels that were best-sellers in several Spanish-language countries.
- Johnny Craig: American author and illustrator (d. 2001).
- Gertrude Fröhlich-Sandner: Austrian politician (d. 2008).
- Ellen K S Key: Swed Author / feminist (Century of the Child), dies at 76.
- Persian cossack officer Reza Chan crowns himself Shah Palawi.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 April 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Always - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Thanks for the Buggy Ride - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- Here in My Arms - Jack Shilkret & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?