Thursday 25 December 1930, Christmas
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Salah Jaheen and Emmanuel Agassi.
Paid, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1930 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Salah Jaheen: Egyptian poet and cartoonist (d. 1986).
- Emmanuel Agassi: Iranian boxer and father of Andre Agassi.
- Armenak Alachachian: Armenian basketball player and coach.
- Salah Jahin: Egyptian poet and illustrator (d. 1986).
- Harvey Worthington Loomis: Composer, dies at 65.
- 1st US bobsled run open to public (Lake Placid, NY)
- Mt Van Hoevenberg bobsled run at Lake Placid, New York opens
- Slinger Nitschke scores 142 South Africa versus Queensland at Adelaide before 5,422.
- Tasmania all out 280, West Indies 2-139 at Hobart Crowd 2,500.
- First US bobsled run open to the public (Mount Van Hoevenberg bobsled run at Lake Placid, New York).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Them There Eyes - Gus Arnheim & His Orchestra (Vocal Rhythm Boys (Bing Crosby)
- Where Have You Been? - Emil Coleman & His Orchestra