Wednesday 1 March 1905US date format: 3/1/1905, UK date format: 1/3/1905
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 1, 1905). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pol le Roy and Édouard Duhour.
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1905
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 March 1905
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1905!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1905 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Pol le Roy: Flemish author / Novelist / writer (Stroom).
- Édouard Duhour: French shot putter.
- Doris Hare: Welsh-English actress singer and dancer (d. 2000).
- Australian Conservative leader Richard Butler takes office as Premier of South Australia.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1905 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tell Me with Your Eyes - Haydn Quartet
- Kentucky Babe - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)