Sunday 25 January 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dean Jones and Georges Chaulet.
Millie, directed by John Francis Dillon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1931 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Dean Jones: Movie Actor.
- Georges Chaulet
- Dean Jones in Decatur: Alabama, USA; actor (Ensign O'Toole, Company, The Love Bug).
- Harold Lloyd: US comic/actor (Why Worry), dies of cancer at age 77.
- Paavo J Haavikko: Finnish writer / poet / husband of Marja-Liisa Vartio.
- Albano Vicariotto: Italy sport Champion.
- Riccardo Filippi: Italy sport Champion.
- Stikkan [Stig Anderson]: Music entrepreneur.