Saturday 25 February 1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Marie Proslier and Keith Williamson.
A Girl in Every Port, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Greene Murder Case by S. S. Van Dine was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 February 1928!
Which were the important events of 25 February 1928 ?
- Blessed Romeo
- Kuwait's national day.
- People Power Day, special holiday in the Philippines.
- Saint Klaudian
- Saint Walburgis
- Saint Adeltrude
- Saint Cesar
- Jean-Marie Proslier: French light comedy actor with as many as 800 performances in "Les Carnets du Major Thomson" during the 1970s.
- Keith Williamson: British RAF marshal.
- Gerrit Lansing: American poet whose anthologies include "A Controversy of Poets" (Doubleday, New York, 1965), and "Poems Now" (Kulchur Press, 1966).
- Jacques Soumagne: Tours EXecutives.
- Hushang Ebtehaj: Iranian poet and author.
- Paul Elvstrøm: Danish sailor and engineer.
- Larry Gelbart: Writer / producer / actor (Oh God!, M*A*S*H).
- Richard Stern: American author and educator (d. 2013).
- William O'Brien: American executive and CEO of Hanover Insurance.
- Charles Jenkins Laboratories of Washington, D.C. becomes the first holder of a television license from the Federal Radio Commission.
- Malta becomes a British dominion.
- In California, the St. Francis Dam north of Los Angeles fails, killing 600.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?