Wednesday 1 February 1928
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stuart Whitman and Ursula Mamlok.
La coquille et le clergyman, directed by Germaine Dulac, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1928!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1928 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Stuart Whitman: American actor.
- Ursula Mamlok: Composer.
- Tom Lantos American politician (Representative-Democrat-California: 1981-).
- Peter Gordon Dorrell: Archaeologist / photographer.
- Sam Edwards: Welsh physicist and academic (d. 2015).
- Tom Lantos: former member of the United States House of Representatives from California (Born 1928).
- Jack Huddle: American rockabilly musician and songwriter.
- Hughie Jennings: American baseball player and manager (Born 1869).