Thursday 23 February 1928US date format: 2/23/1928, UK date format: 23/2/1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 23, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ralph Earnhardt and Margot Seitelman.
Feel My Pulse, directed by Gregory La Cava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 February 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1928!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1928 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Ralph Earnhardt: American race-car driver, the father of race champion Dale Earnhardt and grandfather of racer Dale, Jr.
- Margot Seitelman: German-American Executive Director of American Mensa since 1961 when she answered an ad in the New York Times.
- Vasili Lazarev: cosmonaut (d. 1990).
- André Strappe: French footballer who played striker, and later served as a manager.
- Duke of: Beaufort.
- Hans Herrmann: German race car driver.
- Vasily Lazarev: Russian colonel physician and astronaut (d. 1990).
- Andre Strappe: France sport Champion.
- Vasily Grigoryevich Lazarev: Siberia, USSR -- Cosmonaut (Soyuz 12, 18A).