Thursday 2 February 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Fluck and Luigi Ciriaco.
The Last Command, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1928!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1928 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Alan Fluck: Musical educationalist.
- Luigi Ciriaco: De Mita; Prime Minister of Italy (1988-89).
- Aloyisus Leon Higginbotham: Jr, American civil rights activist (d. 1998).
- Howard Caine in Nashville: Tennessee, USA; actor (Californians).
- Philippe Chatrier: French tennis player.
- Jay Handlan: American basketball player and engineer (d. 2013)
- A Higginbotham: Jr. American judge author and activist (d. 1998)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 February 1928
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?