Thursday 2 February 1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Chatrier and Luigi Ciriaco.
La coquille et le clergyman, directed by Germaine Dulac, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 February 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1928!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1928 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Philippe Chatrier: French tennis player.
- Luigi Ciriaco: De Mita; Prime Minister of Italy (1988-89).
- Aloyisus Leon Higginbotham: Jr, American civil rights activist (d. 1998).
- Alan Fluck: Musical educationalist.
- Jay Handlan: American basketball player and engineer (d. 2013).