Monday 7 July 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 7, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gyanendra of Nepal and David Hodo.
Crossfire, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Musical Merry-Go-Round.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 July 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 July 1947!
Which were the important events of 7 July 1947 ?
- Russia and Ukraine - Ivan Kupala
- United Kingdom - July 7th Bombings remembrance day
- Bhutan - Guru Rinpoche
- Roman Empire - Nonae Caprotinae festival in honor of Juno
- Tanzania - Saba Saba Day (or Peasants' Day, founding of the TANU party, 1954)
- Solomon Islands - Independence Day (1978)
- Spain - San Fermfn festival or running of the bulls, in Pamplona, Navarre.
- Worldwide - Bungie Day
- United States - Bonza bottler day
- Japan - Tanabata
- Gyanendra of Nepal
- David Hodo
- Gyanendra: deposed king of Nepal.
- Felix Standaert: Belgian diplomat.
- Rob Townsend: Rock drummer (Family Leicester).
- Gyanendra of: Gyanendra of Nepal.
- Howard Rheingold: American author and critic.
- Víctor Manuel: Spanish singer-songwriter.
- Victor Manuel: Spanish songwriter and singer.